September 27, 2011

A Little Family Update...

So...after giving up on our original family website, I have decided to start a blog.  I love looking at everyone else's, so why not start one of our own?  I'm especially doing it in hopes of having a scrap-book type thing to show the boys when they're older since I am terrible at that.

Anyway...if you are in need of an update...Caden is now 2 and-a-half.  He loves to read, go to the park, the movie Toy Story 3, jump on the trampoline, play cars, take baths, and play with our neighbor Sidi.  He likes to ride his big wheel, but really struggles to pedal.  He just started "soccer" a few weeks ago and loves it.  I say "soccer" because it's really ball skills, but he likes it better if I say we are going to soccer.  His favorite book of the week is "Chicken and Ham" which is really "Green Eggs and Ham", but we don't know why he started calling it that.


Parker is just about 9-months-old.  He is a crazy crawler, pulls up on everything, walks around furniture, and gets into any and everything.  He pulls things out of the outlets, and puts everything in his mouth.  I can't take my eyes off of him for a minute.  He is all smiles.  He still has no teeth, but loves to eat puffs, yogurt melts, crackers, pancakes, waffles, and just about anything small and semi-soft that he can fit into his mouth.  He takes in everything and doesn't want to miss a thing.


I am not teaching for the moment.  It doesn't really make sense right now with two kids and daycare costs, so it's a blessing that I'm able to stay home with them.  However, to make up a little of the lost income I've started to watch a little girl four days a week.  She's going to be our new neighbor in a few months, and she's adorable.  She just turned one, so I hope that her and Parker will be close friends.  We seem to be surrounded by little girls, which could mean trouble for me as they all grow older.  It's so fun though.  We moved a little over a year ago into a home in Stapleton, which is in Denver.  It's central to just about everything, close to family which is super important, and such an awesome place to raise a family.  There are kids, pools, parks, and dogs everywhere!

Cameron is still doing graphic design for Watermark Advertising.  He's been there over six years now.  He just finished his first sprint triathlon a couple of weeks ago and did awesome (182nd out of almost 500!).  I think he has a new hobby.  We're celebrating our seventh anniversary this weekend too...time flies!

I'll just add a few more recent photos of the boys.  They love each other so much and we feel so blessed to be their mom and dad!  















1 comment: